The P9025AC is an integrated single-chip, WPC-1.1.2 compliant wireless power receiver with an advanced Foreign Object Detection (FOD) feature. This device operates with an AC power signal from a resonant tank and converts it into a regulated 5.3V output voltage. The receiver includes a high efficiency Synchronous Full Bridge Rectifier and 5.3V tracking LDO output stage. The P9025AC operation automatically detects the transmitter type and initiates WPC AC modulation communication protocols with optimal efficiency.
The device includes the control circuit required to modulate the load to transmit WPC-compliant message packets to the base station. It uses minimal external components to reduce overall solution area and costs.
The P9025AC employs advanced programmable WPC FOD techniques to detect foreign metallic objects placed on the transmitter base station derived from a transmitted and received power transfer algorithm.
- Integrated Single Chip Receiver (Rx) Solution
- Integrated Full-Bridge Synchronous Rectifier
- Integrated 5.3V@1A LDO Regulator Output
- WPC-1.1.2 compliant
- Advanced WPC v1.1 Foreign Object Detection (FOD)
- Programmable FOD setting via external resistor
- Guaranteed 5W output power
- Closed-loop power transfer control between TX and RX
- Support I2C interface with access to:
- Rectifier voltage
- Output current
- Resonance frequency
- Open-Drain LED Indicator Output
- Over-Temperature/Voltage/Current Protection
- 0° to +85°C temperature range
- 5 x 5 mm 32-VFQFPN package
- See the P9025AC on SchemeIt™ online schematic drawing tool