The P9028AC is an integrated single-chip, dual-mode WPC v1.1-compliant and PMA-compatible, wireless power receiver IC with advanced WPC v1.1 Foreign Object Detection (FOD). The device operates with an AC power signal from a resonant tank and converts it into a regulated 5V output voltage, which can be used to supply power to a mobile application. It includes a high efficiency Synchronous Full Bridge Rectifier and 5V tracking LDO output stage. The P9028AC is used in automatic dual mode with either WPC AC or PMA DC modulation connections for improved efficiency.
The device includes the control circuit required to modulate the load to transmit WPC-compliant or PMA-compatible message packets to the base station. It uses minimal external components to reduce overall solution area. The P9028AC employs advanced programmable WPC FOD techniques to detect foreign metallic objects placed on the transmitter base station derived from a transmitted and received power transfer algorithm.
NOTICE: This device is restricted to high volume and strategic applications only. For most customers, consider using our general market devices found at www.idt.com/go/WPkits.
- Dual-mode: WPC 1.1 compliant and PMA compatible
- Single Chip Receiver (Rx) Solution
- Advanced WPC V1.1 Foreign Object Detection (FOD)
- Programmable FOD setting via external resistor and I2C registers
- Programmable current limit via external resistor
- Integrated full-bridge synchronous rectifier
- Integrated 5V @ 1A tracking LDO regulator output
- Closed-loop power transfer control between TX and RX
- I2C interface provides Vrect, Iout and switching frequency values
- Open-Drain LED Indicator Output
- Temperature monitoring through external NTC thermistor
- Over-Temperature/Voltage/Current Protection