The WP15WBD-RK evaluation kit demonstrates 15W wireless power transfer and bi-directional data communication between a transmitter (Tx) board with the P9242-R3 wireless power transmitter IC and a receiver (Rx) board with the P9221-R3 wireless power receiver IC. The bi-directional data communication channel enables users to authenticate a wirelessly charged receiver device with a specific charging transmitter base or to transfer system data without any additional hardware.
This evaluation kit adds bi-directional communication to IDT’s standard, WPC 1.2-compliant, 15W transmitter P9242-R and receiver P9221-R evaluation kits without compromising any existing features. Its main contents are the transmitter P9242-R3-EVK Evaluation Board and the receiver P9221-R3-EVK Evaluation Board.
- Supports bi-directional data communication
- Enables device authentication and system data transfer
- Up to 15W of power transfer
- 87% end-to-end efficiency
- Flexibility to program key parameters
- Intuitive IDT I²C Lite GUI
- Base kit is WPC-1.2-complaint